Saturday, March 12, 2011

The Best of the GTO Videos, Part II

Here are a few more videos from various eras of the GTO.

First, when I built the heads/cam LS1 motor, I took a visit to El Paso, Texas, my previous assignment. El Paso has a great street scene and managed to find many legal venues for fun. One was the Dezert Demonz airport street races. On Sunday nights, hundreds of cars and thousands of people would gather at the private airport for cars, fun, and racing. This montage is of one of my runs against a nice Pontiac Grand Prix GTP.



Next is a different kind of montage: a compilation of launches at the drag strip in Steele, Alabama. This is still the heads/cam package I had, but the tim es were getting into the lower 12's. Included are the "conversations with the timeslip guy", where I chatted with the fellow in the booth about each of my runs. A fun night.



Finally, a view from the stands when I had built the 408 motor. This was the first 11-second run for the GTO.

No comments:

Post a Comment