Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Getting ready for Fall racing!

Recently, we have installed gears (3.45's from a manual Camaro), an underdrive pulley, and a Meziere electric water pump. Also installed have been lowering springs, front and rear sways, and differential bushings.

Altogether, I have not beaten my previous times, not because of the summer, but because the new suspension components have not helped me improve my sixty-foot times. So I will be making some adjustments.

I have made some visits to Alabama International Dragway's Moonlight Madness, which is a lot of fun. Here is a helmet-cam video at Steele:



And a good race with my regular camera against an LS2 GTO:



Then a daylight video with the helmet-cam.



On that day, I had six back-to-back runs with a 12.3 @ 112. Very consistent with the new electric water pump, which keeps engine coolant temps down in the staging lanes.

No comments:

Post a Comment